Pool Renovation FAQ
Q: Why has the pool renovation been delayed?
A: The construction for the pool has been delayed due to the lengthy city permit process.
Q: What is the next step?
A: Once we resubmit the plans with the minor modifications, the city will review the plans and get back to us with the final permits.
Q: When will we have the final permits and plan for the pool renovation?
A: Around the end of March we hope to have final plans and permits.
Q: Who is in charge of the renovation?
A: The board HOA President is heading up the project along with the Architect, ADA Consultants and Doug Carey Construction.
Q: When is the anticipated start date for construction?
A: The anticipated start date for construction will be the close of the pool season in September.
Q: Is the job on budget?
A: Up to this point, yes the job is on budget.
Q: What will be done before the swim season begins?
A: Before swim season starts the following will be done:
- tree removal – DONE
- upgrade exterior lights to LEDs
- add 2 flood lights to canopy by bathroom to be used for events only
- replace 3 lights in pump room
- switch light switches in bathroom to motion lights rather than the timer
- pool furniture upgrade (7 tables, 28 chairs, and 4 chaise lounge chairs)
- new clock
- pool pump replacement to a 5 HP pump, replacing the two smaller pumps
- replace the doors on the pump room – need a fiber glass vented door due to the sun and chemical usage and for security reasons
For more detailed information, please refer to our meeting minutes from March 14.